Tuesday 9 June 2015

Writing Portfolio Sample

Description: My goal is to use complex sentences in my writing. I am trying to get better at it by using it more constantly in my writing. The motivation for my story sort of came from the story below because at the end he got adopted.





Big Idea:  Here is my story. The complex sentences are highlighted in red. If you do not know what a complex sentence is this is my explanation.  Here is an example: "Bella is a girl" That is a simple sentence and if you add Bella is a girl, with long brown hair, that makes it a complex sentence. The underlined simple sentence is the independent sentence. The sentence that's not underlined is a dependent sentence.




Image:


Feedback/Feedforward:
Great Job Olivia. You're story is well thought through and I think you have developed a more understanding of complex sentences. Maybe what you need to work on is your grammar. I know it may be a minor thing but I'm just putting it out there. :D Aye

Evaluation: Well I think that what Aye said is correct I definitely need to work on my grammar because Aye was helping me and if she didn't then it would look pretty bad.





1 comment:

  1. Olivia, you have shown a really good understanding of complex sentences. I really like the way you include a lot of personal voice in your story. Next time think about your use of speech between your characters as it gets hard to follow.

    ReplyDelete