Wednesday 10 June 2015

Math Portfolio Sample

Description: This term in our maths I have been practicing on and getting better at my strategies as in my making tens, ext. And the task that we need to do is a rebel sport question so it looks like this picture below:


So I used some strategies and and these are the answers I got in the end:


Big Idea: I used place value to work out my maths problem. To learn we had to use the cost and plus or take away another cost.


FeedBack/FeedForward: I think your working is really tidy and clear, but some people in our school might not know what a cost is. But well done:) Katie!

Evaluation: I myself think that I did a very good job but next time I think that I need to use more than one strategy because I do not want to jump over the pit. The next strategy I want to practice witch I 
will is place value actually because I actually thought that I was using making tens. #Olivia <3 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your honest evaluation Olivia - Stage 6 is all about choosing the most efficient strategy depending on the relationship between the numbers. We want to see Equal Additions, Place Value Partitioning, Reversibility and Rounding & Compensating. We will be doing more of these in our workshops.

    ReplyDelete