Tuesday 16 June 2015

Kapahaka Reflection Term 2 2015

Every Monday at 2.00, some people practice Kapa Haka But those some people are the people that chose to do Kapa Haka. It used to be that some people were chosen out of our group to compete but now we have made a new group for competing named Tematangi. I'm In that group. The photo below was last year at our Matariki concert.


At kapahaka I enjoy... Learning about the Maori culture.

I am most proud of… Being quite good at Singing in maori.

I find... some of the movements challenging because... people beside me and around me say I'm doing it wrong when they are the ones doing it wrong.

I am managing this challenge by…. Trying not to listen to them but still pay attention.

A personal goal for me is… To learn to do the movements properly and to become a leader someday

Our school wide focus this term has been around showing excellence. I show this at kapahaka by... Paying attention to only what we are doing and not what I am doing after school or at lunch.




FeedBack/FeedForward: Wow Olivia! You seem quite passionate of becoming a successful kapahaka person! I like the way you have a "CAN DO" attitude and will try to achieve anything that you strive for. You lift you head high and be proud girl! I agree with what you find challenging because you could be doing something correct while someone is doing something wrong. You should work on ignoring what other people say and try to not let that effect you. BTW: you will make a great leader one day :D Aye




No comments:

Post a Comment