Wednesday 2 April 2014

My Camp Writing.

Purpose: To tell about an experience from camp, using short sentences to create suspense.
WALT: Entertain (recount)
Task: To write a recount based on something scary or suspenseful that happened to you.


Criteria: I canSelf Assessment
Peer Comment
Descriptive vocabulary (words that help to SHOW the reader)
  • use a range of verbs√
  • use a variety of adverbs√
Language features (phrases that help paint a picture)√
  • select 2 - 3 similes√
  • select 2 - 3 metaphors or personification√
  • choose onomatopoeia to show sounds (crash!)√
  • use a range of verbs√
  • select words that start with the same sound (alliteration)√
Sentences
  • use short sentences to create suspense√
Structure
  • use 3 - 5 paragraphs.√
Name: Bella M
Overall, how well do you think your learning partner has done?



Comment:i think that your sentience could have a bit more wow!



Fears of highland home!
I heard that my group were going to another activity. I was so afraid my hands started shaking so hard i could not control it when we got there i sat down and waited then When it was my turn to go up  then i slowly went up the ladders to the very top of the Abseiling wall. I whispered to myself ‘You can do it! But what if i fall down!’ I wanted to run but then i got under the bar and looked DOWN!

 I felt dizzy like i had been ,hit on the head with a frying pan but that did not ,stop me. It made me feel scared but i took a step ,down then another and got to the end of the black grippy mat then went another step then i started jumping and jumping then when i got to the end my hair got stuck into my belt so i got really scared and wanted to scream but i did not scream!


I made myself go lower and lower and i told troy that my hair was stuck and he got my hair out of my and then he took off the chain and i went and sat down and waited for us to go to our next activity and i sore Alex doing huge jumps on the wall like a acrobat.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow Olivia you have captured so much great emotion and your thoughts that I can imagine how you felt through your words. Next time try to focus on your surface features like punctuation to make it easier to read.

    ReplyDelete